CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"If You Build It, They Will Come..."

My head is flooded this morning with a whisper about "reliance." God keeps bringing me back to it, so I must need to listen. On whom or what do you rely? Up until this past year, it was "self" most definitely for me. Then that quickly turned to a neurosurgeon, then to countless nurses...next to family and friends. Over the past few weeks my reliance though seems a little more super-natural, if you will. I can't put my finger on it, but I've been placing my trust in life itself to come to me instead. My reliance has shifted from self, to others, and now to "life-force" (Yoda's voice can just turn off now). It may sound a little new-agey, I guess, so maybe I shouldn't call it "life", but rather "God." I read a devotion this morning from Oswald Chambers and the phrase "There was no part of himself he would ever rely on again" struck me. Chambers was referring to Simon Peter following Jesus without question, not once, but twice in his lifetime...the first time as a fisherman, then later as a denying disciple. Just like Peter, we must check our reliance which should be on God and trust that "life" will come to meet us. It will!

0 comments: