CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Angry Swede Throws Down Medal, Quits

Wow, can I relate! This headline just jumped right out at me. How often and quickly I decide to throw a temper tantrum like a child and quit when life isn't going as I plan (there's that control freak again).

Ryan recently told me that he didn't think God listened to kids. Luckily that "still small voice" (1 Kings 19:12) promptly whispered my response to reassure Ryan that in fact it is the children that He wants to come to Him. There are countless number of times that the Bible mentions our approach to the Almighty should be like that of a child. So, okay, I think I've got the child-thing down. This sometimes angry Swede just needs to remember that a child-like approach doesn't mean throw down my medal and give up but instead surrender it over to God. Sounds like another control issue doesn't it? Thank goodness for God's mercy and grace!

0 comments: