CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wal-Mart Greeters


It occurred to me this morning as I headed out for my much-too-early morning prayer walk that I have my own personal Wal-Mart greeter. Her name is Aimee and consistently each morning she glides up to my leg and greets me with a cheery "meep". Not a full-fledged "meow" mind you, but nevertheless a happy-to-see-me sort of "meep" reminiscent of those greetings bestowed on customers as they enter Wal-Mart's shopping cart foyer/kingdom. Much like the love of Christ, Aimee doesn't have to worry about her approach. She simply strides up and welcomes me; no filters, no proper etiquette or PC worries, just an unconditional "Hello friend. Welcome to the Kingdom (Wal-Mart)!" Now if you're worried that I equate the Kingdom of God with Wal-Mart, YOU SHOULD BE! But isn't it so wonderful to know that Jesus is our Wal-Mart greeter!

0 comments: